Monday, June 09, 2008

FIVE YEARS - PART 5

I couldn't sleep - my mind wouldn't slow down
I tossed and turned
In anguish
Failing miserably on reaching out to her

I had too much to lose
Now I am really confused
I thought I could trust her
Just wanted to wait

Now I wasn't sure anymore
Even if I told her just a little bit she might put things together
The events following my rape made news
my rape didn't

I was left out in the cold
No clothes, no shoes
Lost, confused
but determined

determined to make it right
they wouldn't do this to some other woman
I wouldn't give them a chance
I want them to feel what I felt

Three days and nights went by
I had come across a few cabins and houses
watching for an opportunity
needing food and clothes

Broke into two cabins that were vacant
Neither had any clothes
But they kept me out of the cold
Time to rest, think, plot, plan

On the 4th morning I seize my opportunity
I see a woman leave this house
I had been watching for two days already
She is about my height and weight

I wait for 10 minutes
Then I sneak along the back fence
Jump over
Break the patio door

Reach in and unlock it
Slide open the door
i stepped on some glass
Luckily it didn't cut me

i find the master bedroom
go in the closet
grabbed a pair of jeans
put them on - perfect fit

Grabbed a shirt
put it on
grabbed another pair of pants
two shirts

Went to the dresser
Started opening drawers
Find some socks
Grabbed several pair

Went back to the closet
looking for a pair of shoes
found a pair - a little big
they would work

On my way out i looked under the kitchen sink
there it was
a garbage bag
i stuffed the extra clothes in there

i took off running
i wanted to get as far away as possible
never before had i commited a crime
but i knew that this was just the beginning

i felt scared
and energized
my heart was pumping
my mind racing

i stayed off the roads all day
at dusk i hit the highway i had been following
hitched a ride
headed west - fast

No comments: